The GME™ STTM system provides insights into propeller efficiency, vessel pitch optimization, and hull resistance when measuring thrust and torque.
The strain gauge method is used by the GME™ STTM system to measure shaft torque and thrust. The instrument comprises of a fixed unit next to the shaft, an Aluminum ring clamped to it, and a junction box for connecting power and signals.
Measurement of propeller efficiency using thrust and torque
You can get exact information on propeller efficiency in respect to energy consumption through thrust measurements. On a separate screen, the impacts of operational adjustments on the real thrust, speed, torque, and power are immediately evident. Your propulsion system can be operated most effectively by using this input. As a result, the fuel consumption will drop significantly!
The ROI will increase due to the reduction in fuel expenses. The shaft power thrust meter is simple to install on both new construction and existing vessels.
The following advantages of the Shaft Torque and Thrust Meter can lower your fuel expenses:
- extremely high repeatability and precision
- Potential for hull analysis and propeller thrust
- Pitch improvement
- detection of cavitation
- according per SEEMP** regulations
- no time-consuming installation
- convenient interface
OUTPUT INFORMATION ON MASTER/SLAVE MONITOR
The LCD display unit continues to present the measured and calculated values. Many kinds of data output are available on the pull-down menu.The main modes of output are:
- 1) Instant values
- - Shaft torque
- - Propulsion power
- - Shaft revolutions
- - Shaft thrust
- 2) Accumulated values
- - Total energy
- - Total revolutions
MENU button for View menu and alarm relating buttons will always appear at the bottom of any type of initial page.
The letters on the buttons in shady color indicate that this function is currently not activated.
- - PORT or SEA is selectable.
- - ENERGY or REVOLUTION is selectable.
- - AVERAGE for 1 hour or 4 hour or 24 hour is selectable.
- - AUTO ZERO can be activated.
- - PWM TEST can be activated.
- - ALM SYS and ALM1 and ALM2 can be activated.
- - Three systems of SI, METRIC and US are selectable.